FAQ: When I invest, what happens and when?
For clarity, in the example below we assume you make or send payment immediately on Day 1. Obviously, any delays you make to this payment will correspondingly delay all subsequent events as listed. So for example if you don't make payment till Day 3, everything will be pushed back by two days.
In the timeline below we assume payment by DBS Bill Pay which of course may not always be the case. Variations of timings due to different payment methods are noted below.
Day 1: Place your online order at dollarDEX website (assumed done before 1400hrs)
Day 1: You will see the order in your online Account Activity page
Day 1: You will receive an email confirming that you have placed the order (it will not show number of units yet)
Day 1: You make your payment by DBS Bill Payment
Day 1 at 1400hrs: Your order is sent to our custodian and you can no longer cancel the order in your account activity
Day 2: Assuming payment received and identified before 1330hrs, order will be sent to fund manager, locking in your price at Day 2's price (assuming fund is trading on that day).
Day 3 morning: You will receive an email confirming that your order has been placed. Payment status will be set ("date paid") in your online Account Activity page, although the order will show "pending" for the units.
Day 5 morning: You will receive an email confirming the price and number of units for your order. The order will show completed in Account Activity and Portfolio Statement pages.
- If you are paying with CPFIS-OA, CPFIS-SA, or SRS your payment will be received automatically on Day 3 and the order will be placed at Day 3's price.
- If you are paying with DBS 3rd-party internet transfer your payment may be received on Day 1 or Day 2, depending on what time of day you initiate the payment.
- If you are paying with non-DBS internet transfers your payment will typically be received on Day 3 but may take till Day 4.
- If you are paying with cheque and post the cheque on Day 1 your payment will typically be received on Day 4 (this timing is not predictable).
- Timing also depends on the Price frequency and Dealing basis of the fund. See FAQ below for more information.
- Timings for products for accredited investors may differ substantially from those shown above, contact us for details for each product.