Plan my investments
How do I get a free plan?A personalised portfolio construction and recommendations report is usually available at no charge for first-timers with no obligation. You may discuss this face-to-face by making an appointment or request for advice online.
What is a Private Client?A Private Client is any investor at dollarDEX whose investments (based on original investment amount) currently equals or exceeds $50,000. This entitles our client to lower charges, and the option to subscribe to a range of advisory services as described below. A Private Client+ is any investor at dollarDEX whose original investment amount currently equals or exceeds $250,000. This entitles our client to even lower charges, and options to subscribe to an even wider range of advisory services as described below.
Why get advice as a Private Client?We have always limited our practice to the one area where we consistently excel -- wealth management. We do not provide custodial, banking or other services that might dilute our advisory capabilities. Our clients retain us to make good investment decisions and we take this obligation very seriously. That means accumulating wealth, but protecting what you already have too.
Here are a few reasons to subscribe to the advisory services we offer for Private Clients.
- Asia markets - cheap for a reason
- Bond bubble: time to trim bond exposure
- Are REITs good investments?
- Star and dogs: funds to keep and funds to ditch
- Expense ratios: peanuts give monkeys
- Is Singapore property affordable now?
- Funding your child's education
Comments on our Private Client service:|
"In a perfect world, all investors would have access to financial advisers they trusted for portfolio guidance...dollarDEX, formed in late 1999 for investors in Singapore, has an Online Adviser feature at www.dollardex.com...Once enough information is gathered, simulations are run through a computer model, and a live adviser provides specific recommendations on things to buy and sell in the portfolio."
A guide to some of the best online investment-management tools, Asian Wall Street Journal, June 2003.
"Research by dollarDEX Investments has thrown up a few of these lessons: One, adding just a small portion of bonds to a portfolio can reduce the risk of your investments, without lowering returns...Two, the CPF Special Account is 'highly attractive' under current conditions. Most conservative investors would do better to top up their accounts rather than invest it. The SA pays 4 per cent, risk-free...Most investors have very inefficient or highly risky portfolios of thematic funds. Rebalancing - which is likely to involve the painful process of realising a loss by selling an investment - will go a long way to control risk and help them sleep better."
Doing a rebalancing act, Business Times, June, 2003.
What advice options are available?We currently offer the following levels of advice to Private Clients
- Silver: A dedicated adviser, personalised portfolio construction & recommendations every 6 months. This will suit clients who want the benefit of a properly designed portfolio, regular reviews but generally prefer a buy and hold strategy.
- Gold: A dedicated adviser, personalised portfolio construction & recommendations every 3 months, fortnightly Investment Bulletin (download a sample (PDF)). This will suit clients who want the benefit of a properly designed portfolio, regular reviews and who generally prefer a buy and hold strategy but would like to take advantage of short-term opportunities from time to time.
- Platinum: A dedicated adviser, personalised portfolio construction & recommendations every 1 month, active allocation service, full free, unlimited switching. Learn more about the Platinum active allocation service. This will suit clients who want something more active than a buy and hold strategy.