Terms of usage
This Website is offered by dollarDEX Investments ("dollarDEX"). The use of the Website is governed by the following Terms & Conditions. Your access to and use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. There may be separate terms and conditions which may be applicable if you access other pages or follow links from the Website. It is your responsibility to check and read such terms and conditions where applicable.
YOU SHOULD READ ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING THE WEBSITE AS YOU WILL BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND DO NOT WANT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM, YOU MUST EITHER NOT ACCESS OR DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITE.
Glossary of Terms
|Computer Virus||This includes any computer code that would damage or corrupt the data or integrity of data, storage media, other computer programs or computer systems or network or disrupt, disable, harm, interfere or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or communication between computer hardware, software, firmware, computers, computer systems or networks.|
|Investment Application||Any application to subscribe for, switch, dispose or redeem investments.|
|Material||Reports, opinions, financial and investment-related data, calculators, documents and other information or material including images and graphics posted and/or made available on the Website by the dollarDEX from time to time.|
|Password||The password or other means of authentication prescribed by dollarDEX and, from time to time, provided to or used by the Customer for access to the Secured Site.|
|Personal Information||All information including health and financial information provided by you to dollarDEX from time to time.|
|Secured Site||The secured sections of the Website which can only be accessed by customers.|
|User Name||The user and login identification provided to Customer by dollarDEX to enable access to the Secured Site.|
|Website||Applicable website, accessible by the domain names set out below:
Not Advice or Offer or Solicitation
The Material contained in the Website is for general information only and does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular person. Therefore it should not be construed as an offer or solicitation to sell any product or service. You should assess whether the Material contained in the Website is appropriate in light of your particular circumstances before acting on the Material. We recommend that you discuss any specific matters with your Financial Adviser Representative.
Restrictions on use of the Website
Your right to use the Website is personal to you. You agree not to resell or make any commercial use of the Material contained in the Website. dollarDEX retains the right, at its sole discretion, to determine whether or not your conduct is consistent with the intent and spirit of these Terms and Conditions.
The use of this Website is subject to all applicable laws and regulations (whether of not having the force of law), and you agree:
- not to use the Website, directly or indirectly, to commit any crimes or for any purpose or activity of an illegal, immoral, fraudulent or defamatory in nature;
- not to interfere with or disrupt other users, service providers, computer networks or systems connected to, supporting or hosting of the Website;
- to comply with these Terms and Conditions, all regulations, policies, procedures and directives issued by dollarDEX relating to the use of the Website;
- not to reproduce, frame, transmit, broadcast, adapt or modify the content and Material contained in the Website;
- not to breach any law, including without limitation, any copyrights, patents, trade secrets, confidential information or other intellectual property rights;
- not to transmit through the Website, any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature;
- not use any Computer Virus, device or software to interfere or attempt to interfere with the operation of the Website.
Any information and Materials (collectively referred to as the "Content"), including those obtained from third parties, contained in this Website are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. dollarDEX does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the Content and expressly disclaims any liability for errors or omissions in the Content. No warranty of any kind, whether implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to, warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from Computer Virus, is given in conjunction with the Website or its Content.
Prices shown are indicative and are usually based on prices of 2-4 dealing days earlier, and may not be exactly the price used for individual trades. Prices and returns may be based on a reference price in a different currency to that of a fund dealing price. Returns experienced by individual clients may differ from those shown. Clients should not rely on prices or returns for decision making. dollarDEX does not guarantee any prices or valuations shown, and accepts no responsibility for their accuracy. Some information we display is from fund prospectuses, factsheets or fund houses and is correct to the best of our knowledge. However, clients must refer to the latest fund prospectus for definitive information relating to any fund.
DollarDEX does not represent or warrant that any files obtained from or through the Website or any third party site are free from Computer Virus or other defects. Any such files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that you assume all responsibility for any loss, damage, or consequence resulting directly or indirectly, from the use of those files.
Exclusion of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, you acknowledge that dollarDEX shall not be liable to your for any damages, losses or expenses, whether arising out of contract or tort (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental special or consequential damages or economic loss) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website, including but not limited to the following:
- any defect, deficiency or malfunction in and or any breakdown, disruption or failure of the Website;
- the inability or failure of the Website to accept, recognize or process any Investment Application or other instructions submitted by you;
- any cessation, interruption, delay in transmission or any wrongful interception of any instruction or submission of any Investment Application through the Website;
- the corruption or loss of any data stored in the Website;
- the cessation, suspension or interruption of the availability or operation of the Website;
- any failure on the part of dollarDEX to perform its obligations or duties to you caused by or arising from any one or more of the events or matters set out in any one or more of the above.
The Personal Information collected by dollarDEX will depend on the usage of different functions available on the Website:
- If you visit the Website for any reason, including reading, browsing and downloading information, our system will record your server address, date and time of your access;
- If you are accessing the Secured Site, our systems are able to match your password to enable you to access information of your investments recorded in our system.
dollarDEX may, in its absolute discretion, reveal or release your Personal Information to a third party where required or necessary, including but not limited to:
- when required by law or any exchange or regulatory or competent authority;
- agents, employees, delegates or affiliates of dollarDEX;
- your Financial Adviser Representative;
- any third party through which Transactions will be carried out.
For information on dollarDEX's personal data protection policy, please visit our Personal Data Protection Statement.dollarDEX may, in its absolute discretion, make use of or provide anonymised (rendered non-traceable to an individual or company) or aggregated data that are created in the running of its business, for the purposes of (including but not limited to):
- required regulatory or government-related surveys;
- marketing or advertising analysis;
- product and service analysis by dollarDEX;
- research or analysis by any third party authorised by dollarDEX.
dollarDEX is not responsible for the privacy and security practices of other websites linked to the Website. Before using those websites, you should refer the privacy statements contained therein. dollarDEX does not assume any responsibility for any information (including Personal Information), which you transmit through the Website. We will take all reasonable efforts to keep the information secure on our systems.
You shall have the sole responsibility and liability for the security and safe keeping of your User Name and Password, issued to you by dollarDEX for the purpose of you accessing the Secured Site.
Presumption of Identity
You agree that dollarDEX shall be entitled to rely on the digital signature and/or the correct entry of your User Name and Password in order to ascertain whether any Investment Application and/or instruction submitted by you is yours, and dollarDEX shall act based on that assumption.
You shall be fully responsible and liable for any Investment Application and/or instruction placed with dollarDEX through the Secured Site, notwithstanding that such Investment Application and/or other instruction may have been given by a third party, with or without authority, on your behalf, even if you are able to prove that such Investment Application and/or instructions were not given by you.
dollarDEX may terminate your access, at its sole and absolute discretion, at any time without notice to you. The limitations of liability and disclaimers made by dollarDEX in these Terms and Conditions will survive any termination of access to the Website.
Any electronic record relating to these Terms and Conditions, the use of the Website and/or Secured Site (including notices and Application Forms), kept and maintained by dollarDEX shall be conclusive evidence of the contents thereof. You hereby irrevocably agree to the admission as evidence in any court in Singapore of such electronic record, maintained or kept by dollarDEX and any part, copy or computer output thereof, as an original document. You further agree not to challenge or dispute the admissibility, authenticity or accuracy of such electronic records or computer output.
dollarDEX may, at its sole and absolute discretion, from time to time and without notice to you:
- amend, modify, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website
- suspend or terminate your access to or use of the Website
- deactivate your User Name and Password.
Term a. includes termination of all or some transactional capabilities for accounts that dollarDEX deems, at any time as being, or having become, non-investment accounts. Non-investment accounts include, but are not limited to (i) those with no Navigator plan account (ii) those where dollarDEX deems the client, on request, has not provided up-to-date identification documents or other information necessary to dollarDEX in completing any legal, statutory or regulatory duty.
dollarDEX may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time by giving 30 days' notice (or such other period as may be stipulated or agreed by the relevant authorities or as may be necessary to give effect to any regulatory directive or change to applicable laws, regulatory policies or statutory requirements), after which the revised Terms & Conditions will be binding on you. Your continued use of the Website and associated accounts after such modification has come into effect shall be deemed an agreement by you to these Terms and Conditions as so modified. You may obtain the latest version of these Terms and Conditions from the Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions shall be held or interpreted by any governmental authority or court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by reason of any law, such provisions shall be fully separable and these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as if such illegal or invalid provision had never comprised a part of these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal or invalid provision or by its severance from these Terms and Conditions.
dollarDEX may transfer or assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions at any time to any party.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with Singapore law. You irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B of Singapore) to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.